Hello Goldeye Family!
It has been some time since we have reached out to our Goldeye membership, family and friends. During this period we have been working hard to chart a course towards a sustainable future for our organization. Truthfully, we need your help. While we acknowledge those who have supported us in the past, new assistance is needed as we face today’s reality of doing business in a post-covid environment. As we embark on celebrating the 65th anniversary of the Goldeye Centre and 45th anniversary of the Goldeye Foundation Society we reach out to you with hopes of making a difference. This pivotal anniversary could spark the beginning of another 65 magical years or mark the end of an era. Through your support we believe we can rise to the challenges of our current situation.
The Goldeye Foundation and Goldeye Centre are embarking to develop a campaign (Goldeye 2.0 – Back to our Roots) to assist with urgent facility repairs and the development of a youth leadership program. The impacts due to operational restrictions during CoVid-19, the 2022 wildfire and the impacts of this year’s winter temperatures to our water and sewer lines have all contributed to our difficult situation. Without increased financial support our youth summer camps could be in jeopardy. Without your help, it will be difficult to continue our mandate as a centre for education that hosts and supports youth and non-profit organizations sharing our values.
How can you help?
- Membership. Please consider becoming a member of the Goldeye Foundation Society. Membership gives you access to our newsletter, AGM and opportunities to get involved with the Foundation and Centre.
- Donate. Donations to the Foundation will assist in Centre operations, facility enhancements and the purchase of much needed equipment and supplies to open and sustain operations for 2023 and beyond. Donations will also assist us to apply for matching grants offered through government and other groups offering grants. Tax receipts can be provided for qualifying donations.
- Share. Please share our message(s) with family, friends and community members who you feel would be interested in our cause. We are also posting jobs for the 2023 season and could use your help to spread the word and encourage qualified candidates to apply. We are currently looking for those to support us in housekeeping, food services, office administration and grounds/maintenance.
- Watch. Please check our Facebook page and website for more information as it becomes available regarding the campaign and progress.
- Volunteer. As we develop the campaign and finalize a plan, we will be recruiting volunteers to help out with various projects and tasks throughout the year.
If you are interested in membership or donating, please contact our Foundation:
Goldeye Foundation Society
PO Box 2602
Rocky Mountain House, AB T4T 1L6
If you are interested in learning more about our organization, campaign OR volunteering, please contact:
We look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your support in advance.
Chief Operating Officer